There is youthful energy that comes with having many university students living in a city. Pamplona has two major universities, and the activities and nightlife that go along with it. Clients are encouraged to enroll in a college class or two, not for academic credit, but to meet their peers and experience Spanish university life without academic pressure.
Pamplona is known around the world for hosting the Running of the Bulls Festival, La Fiesta de San Fermin. Ernest Hemingway wrote The Sun Also Rises about the festival and his deep love and passion for Pamplona and San Fermin. Hemingway is featured prominently in Pamplona today, with a bronze statue of the author standing outside Pamplona’s famed bullfighting ring.
Pamplona is also known for having the best tapas, or pintxos, in all of Spain. The Basque cuisine is second to none. Basque food has long been considered one of the best cuisines in the world, and Pamplona is one of the best places to ir de pintxos (tapas), the deep-rooted Spanish tradition of hopping around town for scrumptious tapas.
Professional soccer team, CA Osasuna
Pamplona is incredibly safe. As one of Spain’s safest cities locals and visitors enjoy one of the lowest crime rates in the whole country. General and specific safety tips are covered in orientation and are made a point of emphasis throughout the program.
Sample Trips & Excursions
- San Sebastian-beautiful beach, town roughly 90 minutes from Pamplona
- Backpacking-extended trips within Spain and greater Europe
- Cadiz-heart of Andalucia, oldest city in Western Europe
- Madrid, visit St.Louis University-Madrid campus, Prado museum, Retiro Park, Sol-centro
- Picos de Europa national park
- Larraga-quiet medieval village on Camino de Santiago
- Walk a stretch of Camino de Santiago
- Running of the Bulls tour route
- Tapas tours
- Cooking class
- Dance class